14 November 2007

good morning everyone

so cheryl has mentioned that if i'm bored, i should start a blog. i resisted because 1) i will probably talk about nothing but my cats and 2) i have a lot of random things to say so each post will probably be miles long and somewhat nonsensical.
but you know what? it's my blog, and im sure you want to hear about my cats right? (well you'll hear about them anyway, whether i'm blogging or talking). so let the blog begin!

this morning i was driving to work. i dont usually speed too much but i am fond of the at least 9 over the speed limit rule. i turn left from champion's forest onto strack and i'm behind some SUV that is going 5 under. um no. so as i tail them, they SLAM on their brakes like 5 times. i mean almost stopping slam. now i realize tailing is annoying, but its fucking 9 am. are you REALLY going to try to purposely create an accident? wtf?! i may be an aggressive driver but i would never purposely cause someone to hit me. so as i passed them i said fuck you and felt MUCH better. yeeesh.

So most of you know what happened with my cat drama recently, but for those who don't, here's a quick recap:
i want a cat, i find a cute one online from a breeder in Dallas, i send her $$ ($450, yeah i know it's a RIDIC amount for a cat-he was cute). when i try to get the cat i hear he's sick, but she says he's better so i get him. turns out he's WAY sick, she never should have sold him to me, etc. i have a health contract so i say you owe me a refund, she says no i don't have it and your vet is lying. so my dad and i return the cat to her coworker and crazy lady STILL refuses to give us the $. I'm one step away from filing a claim in small claims court when I got a letter yesterday.
No, not a refund: the bitch filed for bankruptcy. SERIOUSLY. so the letter says she has no assets and my claim on her is void unless in the future they determine she has assets and then i can maybe get $ out of her later. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?! this one goes to experience, i guess. geez.

time for some HUMANITY IS GREAT stories!
so i paid a $60 nonrefundable deposit to the Houston Humane Society to get the girls spayed this past sunday. Then i realize that thess has some tummy issues and i take her into the vet. $70 later, they don't know what's wrong with her but give me 2 wks worth of medicine for her stomach (it's working, YAY). so i call the humane society and explain i have to postpone both my cats (i want them done together) when they're better. they said sure, but you're going to lose your deposit. im like crap. well okay. and berate myself for being so stupid with $. then 5 min later, they call back, and are like you know what? you can keep your deposit, you just call when they're better. isnt that wonderful?? YAY humane society! yay humanity~!

my other story is that after taking thess to the vet on saturday, i noticed stella seemed to have the same problem (you dont really want to know, trust me). so i had to take her back, and i am pissed because i should have taken her there with Thess in the first place (it costs $47 for the Dr. to just walk in the room!). i take them both there last night and it turns out Stell is fine but needs a shot and a pill, and they didn't charge me for the vet visit!! isnt that amazing! they just charged me for the pills. I LOVE YOU CHAMPION WOOD ANIMAL HOSPITAL! they have been taking care of me and i love it. you guys are so getting a christmas card and some of the Smyth English Toffee.
*this concludes the Humanity is Great part of the blog*

later in the day i'll have to post about Dancing With The Stars and how EXCITED I AM THAT TONIGHT IS PROJECT RUNWAY!!!! FINALLY!!! i love you tim gunn. although does anyone else think it seems like there's going to be a shitload of drama? i have to admit the drama is not my favorite (i.e. i almost killed jeffrey last season). and can anyone come back and be as awesome as Santino? we need more tim gunn impressions.

1 comment:

Cheryl Ann said...

LOVE that you started a blog!! Really, if anyone in the WHOLE FUCKING WORLD needed a public forum for opinions, it is you ;) Love it, love you, will read everyday.