02 January 2008

TWO THOUSAND AND GREAT

hello muffins, and happy 2008! hope you all rang in the new year with sufficient revelry and all that-- i did, even though i had planned to stay home with my cats. my older sister and her bf surprised my parents by showing up on monday (i knew they were coming and thank god they told me-- i HATE surprises, btw) and we went out to a nice bar on washington (chaise lounge next to walter's across from maryjanes) and it was empty except for us and a few of khrys's awesome friends (don't worry, i found the one gay in the group and we talked about mikey, life plans, and cats the whole time).
all of khrys's awesome friends that were there worked at vet offices, so i had a great audience for my usual barrage of Thessaly and Stella-related information. They loved the cat tree, btw.

in the meantime, ELLEN is coming today! JOY! we have a fun filled 5 days planned that include: museums (esp. the HMFA jewelry exhibit), Space Center Houston, Galveston, ellen getting her haircut by my favorite person at www.salonmatos.com, ellen possibly getting her nose pierced, and other such merriment. if you would like to see us and youre in the area, give me a call. i'm sure we'd love to see you.
in the meantime, its last minute errand running time! i hope ellen's connecting flight in chicago isnt delayed because of all the snow, etc....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to talking on Sunday!?!? There's been a void these past few weeks that is filled somewhat by the blog. However, I need some real down home Karen talk asap.