18 December 2007

time FLIES in december

hello world! how's it going? i'm sitting here sneezing up a storm for no reason and alternately trying not to tear up like an idiot as i listen to tori's pheonix and san diego shows. her tour ended this week and it KILLS me not every show was available for bootleg downloads! i still got what, 10? and i plan to grab a few more (even though they're $11 a show...)

anyway.

things have been going well and december is flying by in a flurry of christmas activities like always. this past weekend i attended a wonderful xmas dinner at angel's house and ate my weight in eggplant parmesan and mashed potatoes! YUM! and our office christmas party went well also.

so yesterday i was looking online for a new cat condo/cat tree thing, as my girls have destroyed the really cheap and crappy one i got them and clearly need something else (if you don't provide them a place to jump, scratch, sleep, and hang out, they will find ways to do that with the furniture you already own). i came across http://www.stepsforpets.com/ that has the most AMAZING cat trees i have EVER SEEN (good dog stuff too!) and the prices are out of control. a cat tree of such caliber and size would easily cost $300-500 somewhere else but they're selling them for $100 or so and FREE SHIPPING! clearly i am over the moon about this, and even better-- my family is getting me THIS ONE for christmas! YAYAYAY! they are going to freaking DIE! how fun does that look?! i totally want to hang out in that little hammock.

Clearly all i want for christmas is stuff for my girls. can you believe i've only had them 3 months? they really are my favorite things in the world and make me really happy (i obviously shouldve got them many years ago in college if that's what it would have taken for me to be happy! :)


other than that, i have a full week planned, and i'm going to detail it for you (lucky!) ;)

TODAY: i am leaving work in 1 hour (thank god, cause it's only tuesday and it's draaaaaagging) to pick up my twin's xmas present, drop off some toffee at my vet's office as an xmas present, run by the bank, mail my sister's present (if i can get a cd made in time to accompany it), and get to the theater with my mom to see THE GOLDEN COMPASS! ive been really looking forward to this since i read the books, and even though i hear it's disjointed and whatnot, i dont care because i've actually read the books. for those of you who haven't, you are missing out like CRAZY. get on that, NOW.

then we get home and i have to redye my hair (constant and annoying, but you cant look this good without effort! ;), roll my sugar cookie dough i made on sunday into 3 doz sugar cookies (and decorate them) and general merriment with my mom, cats and Bax in the kitchen.

WEDNESDAY: work, get home, mail my sister's present if i didn't already, track my mom and dad's xmas presents and see if they're getting here in time, find out where the hell the books i ordered on amazon on DEC 3RD are, hopefully get my cat tree and set it up for the girls, go to target and get cat food and spend way too much cause it's target and that always happens to everyone i know, do laundry, watch PR and annoyingly text bets and mikey and oH YEAH hang out with jessica

THURS: work, finish laundry, pack for austin, hang out with ADRIENNE who gets into town, finish all errands, etc.

FRI: leave for austin with jessica jacobi at 10 am, hang out with LAINEY for lunch, then party with lauren and joe and jessica and go to Alamo Drafthouse for movies.

SUNDAY: pick up Kara in san marcos, leave for houston around noon, come home, see emilie? rest, recover.

MODAY-TUES. enjoy CHRISTMAS! YAY! merry christmas everyone!
xo.
ps- to all my friends who i havent seen this month (i.e. cheryl) lets hang out in january because my friend ELLEN is coming! (her blog: http://dancingmathgradstudent.blogspot.com/ )

2 comments:

Smirking Cat said...

I laughed at this post because I hyperventilate over things I think my cats would like, too. I have 3 cats, and one in particular, the youngest one, would adore this tree! He'd be hanging upside down, flying up and down as fast as he can, hiding to spring onto the other two, etc. They are certainly amusing!

Cheryl Ann said...

I like that the shoutout I get in your blog is one of scolding ;) January, it's ON.